Nestled on 250 acres in the Maya countryside outside the colonial city of Merida, Yucatan, Hacienda Petac is located within easy reach of multiple archeological zones that highlight Mayan Art and Culture, including Uxmal and Chichen Itza. Among the many diverse attractions in the region, guests might enjoy an excursion to the crystal clear underwater pools of the Yucatan called cenotes. Or, choose a boat trip through the Flamingo and Wildlife reserve at Celestun. Still waiting, a guided tour to the Mayan archeological sites.
The colonial city of Merida is also close by, offering museums, monuments, parks, markets, shops, restaurants and local entertainment. For beach lovers, the Gulf Coast beckons with deserted beaches, adjacent mangroves and flamingo reserves.
Hacienda Petac offers full assistance in the arrangement of all outings and activities. We can also arrange for private car service and specialist tour guides in many fields to join you on your excursion.
From fishing and bicycle tours to ancient Mayan ruins, come explore the Yucatan. Enjoy:
- Mayan Archeological Zones such as Chichen Itza, Uxmal, the Ruta Puuc, Mayapan, and Aké
- Colonial Convents and Vibrant Markets in Typical Mayan Towns and Villages
- Working and Restored Henequen Haciendas
- Colonial City Center of Merida with Museums, Shops, Markets, Restaurants and Handicrafts
- Gulf Coast Beaches
- Colonial “Yellow City” of Izamal, with Carriage Visits to its Historic Convent and Local Artisans
- Cenotes – Yucatan’s Famed Underground Waterways
- Natural Reserves and Caves
- Guided Bike Tours and Outings
- Kayaking in the Mangroves